Original Post
Hello,
I'm starting with multiplayer programming and have much questions to a good perfomance server.
First, the conditions of my game:
OS: Windows Server
Expected Players: 1000 for each game server.
1 - DB Connetion, i have do:
I'm starting with multiplayer programming and have much questions to a good perfomance server.
First, the conditions of my game:
OS: Windows Server
Expected Players: 1000 for each game server.
1 - DB Connetion, i have do:
- One db connection to each player.
- One db connection in each server.
- A DBServer interconnected to game/login server ( can post a example? );
2 - Login<>Game Server, i have to do:
- LoginServer save the session info and GameServer call login server to ask the session data via local sockets.
- LoginServer save the session info and GameServer call login server to ask the session data via local messages.
3 - General Socket questions.
3.1. I need to create:
- each thread for each packet received.
- create a thread for each client connected and manipulate data.
Obs:
I'm pascal developer.
I want solutions in any programming language.
Thx.
- each thread for each packet received.
- LoginServer save the session info and GameServer call login server to ask the session data via local sockets.