Original Post
Hello everyone, first of all sorry for my noobiness.
I am currently working on designing a scifi/space mmorpg/sim. Yes, I know, mmorpg "cough".
I know chances are great it is never gonna be made, or at least the way i currently plan it. Yet I want to make all available steps towards that goal and one of them is digging my way into programming. I do not know how far I will get but I do know, after over 15 years of hardcore gaming, my concepts are definitely worth it.
Now my actual question is, which -free- software would you recommend to get a foot into the door of 3D space ship game development?
Thanks in advance.
I am currently working on designing a scifi/space mmorpg/sim. Yes, I know, mmorpg "cough".
I know chances are great it is never gonna be made, or at least the way i currently plan it. Yet I want to make all available steps towards that goal and one of them is digging my way into programming. I do not know how far I will get but I do know, after over 15 years of hardcore gaming, my concepts are definitely worth it.
Now my actual question is, which -free- software would you recommend to get a foot into the door of 3D space ship game development?
Thanks in advance.