Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

JIT Compiler Broken in Latest Trunk

Started by 3kimr Mar 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM 4 replies 1.7k views
Original Post
3kimr
3kimr
Were asBC_PUSH and asBC_POP removed in the latest trunk? Because the jit compiler isn't compiling with the latest version.

2>c:\users\mike\projects\irengine\src\deps\angelscript\extensions\as_jit.cpp(544): error C2065: 'asBC_POP' : undeclared identifier
2>c:\users\mike\projects\irengine\src\deps\angelscript\extensions\as_jit.cpp(544): error C2051: case expression not constant
2>c:\users\mike\projects\irengine\src\deps\angelscript\extensions\as_jit.cpp(556): error C2065: 'asBC_PUSH' : undeclared identifier
2>c:\users\mike\projects\irengine\src\deps\angelscript\extensions\as_jit.cpp(556): error C2051: case expression not constant
2>c:\users\mike\projects\irengine\src\deps\angelscript\extensions\as_jit.cpp(1854): error C2065: 'asBC_PUSH' : undeclared identifier
2>c:\users\mike\projects\irengine\src\deps\angelscript\extensions\as_jit.cpp(1854): error C2051: case expression not constant
WitchLord
WitchLord
Yes. The JIT is currently not compatible with the WIP version.

As you can see on the WIP page, I'm making changes to optimize the byecode. When I'm done I'll work with Andrew to bring the JIT up to date with the new bytecode instructions.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
_Vicious_
_Vicious_
Due to the changes in the VM, I think it'd make more sense to release the upcoming version as 2.24.0, no?..
WitchLord
WitchLord
In a way of thinking you're right, but I don't consider the VM and it's bytecode instructions part of the application interface. The JIT compiler is the only reason for them to be in the angelscript.h header in the first place.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
ThyReaper
ThyReaper
I've released some fixes to the current JIT, and added a 2.23.0 branch. We also added 64 bit support on GCC/Linux (MSVC/Windows support will take a bit longer). I'll be updating the JIT to use the newer ops soon, hopefully in advance of the next official release.
WitchLord
WitchLord
Great to hear that x64 is also available now, even if it is just Linux for now.

I'll probably need another week or so to finish up version 2.23.1 of AngelScript, mostly I'll be working on bug fixes and updating the documentation.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.