Original Post
I have been working on a new turn based strategy game best described as a fantasy version of Advanced Wars, though certainly with a style all its own. I have reached the point in the project where it is time to create the AI computer player. Looking around for advice, I see lots of high level ideas being discussed, but nothing specifically for a turn based game.
So I thought I would do something about that and will be sharing my progress and related code snippets over at my dev blog as I work on development of the AI. The first post in the series is now available from http://www.checkmarkgames.com/2012/03/building-strategy-game-ai.html
Part 2 is also now available: http://www.checkmarkgames.com/2012/03/turn-based-strategy-ai-part-2.html
At this point I am not sure how exactly this will turn out. Perhaps the lack of specific tutorials means that this will come together quickly, perhaps I will never finish. Regardless, I am going to share the progress (or lack thereof). So if you have any interest in the topic, or know a lot about it and want to give advice or a critique, stop on by.
-Mark
www.checkmarkgames.com
So I thought I would do something about that and will be sharing my progress and related code snippets over at my dev blog as I work on development of the AI. The first post in the series is now available from http://www.checkmarkgames.com/2012/03/building-strategy-game-ai.html
Part 2 is also now available: http://www.checkmarkgames.com/2012/03/turn-based-strategy-ai-part-2.html
At this point I am not sure how exactly this will turn out. Perhaps the lack of specific tutorials means that this will come together quickly, perhaps I will never finish. Regardless, I am going to share the progress (or lack thereof). So if you have any interest in the topic, or know a lot about it and want to give advice or a critique, stop on by.
-Mark
www.checkmarkgames.com