Original Post
I've done A* before in the past but it's always been a tile is walkable or not and that's it. If I want to consider if one can pass through a tile, how would I incorporate that? Basically I want my walls to be skinny and on the edges of my grid, which means if there is a wall on an edge the player can still walk on the tile, but not through that tile to the other on the other side of the wall.
Sort of like the original Sims and how they did walls.
Is there a term for this, and are there any articles that talk about this, or better yet a library in C++ that handles this already?
Also, are there any well created A* C++ libraries out there designed around a 2D grid? I found one but not sure how good it is yet and just curious if there are any that have stood the test of time.
Sort of like the original Sims and how they did walls.
Is there a term for this, and are there any articles that talk about this, or better yet a library in C++ that handles this already?
Also, are there any well created A* C++ libraries out there designed around a 2D grid? I found one but not sure how good it is yet and just curious if there are any that have stood the test of time.