Original Post
Hi guys.
So, I've decided to go ahead and create the 2D assets for an indie game project. The art is going to be in a style close to Edmund McMillen's Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac.
I think the art of those games was done with Adobe Flash (would be nice to get a confirmation here). The problem is, I don't have any experience with this software. I do have some knowledge of Photoshop but I never really drawn with shadow, light and highlight layers. I never animated too.
Also, I don't have any drawing skills but, I do have a very good artistic sense so I should progress rather quickly.
So, knowing all that, here are some questions for you guys. Although, please feel free to post even if you don't necessarily answer a question.
So, I've decided to go ahead and create the 2D assets for an indie game project. The art is going to be in a style close to Edmund McMillen's Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac.
I think the art of those games was done with Adobe Flash (would be nice to get a confirmation here). The problem is, I don't have any experience with this software. I do have some knowledge of Photoshop but I never really drawn with shadow, light and highlight layers. I never animated too.
Also, I don't have any drawing skills but, I do have a very good artistic sense so I should progress rather quickly.
So, knowing all that, here are some questions for you guys. Although, please feel free to post even if you don't necessarily answer a question.
- Do you have any online drawing lessons/tutorials to suggest me?
- Should I sketch on paper then scan it or on a graphic tablet?
- What's the workflow (steps) like between sketching and the final character render using Flash? Do you have any tutorial to suggest me?
- Should the ground and environment be done with Flash as well?
- Do you have any graphic table to suggest me? My price range is $300.
Thank you so much for any help you guys can provide me!