Original Post
Hi, I'm interested in learning some programming language. Though C++ is nice and all and is most used, I'm more fond of C# since it is "rumored" to be less complex. However, to my dismay, I see that it is mostly designed for microsoft related consoles and hardware. Like Windows computers, windows phones, and the XBOX series.
But I do know that indie games have been made and sent to the PS3. At least, I think? And now there's the PS Vita.
After coming across this announcement on this forums randomly on google: http://www.ngemu.com...ad.php?t=147388
I find out that PS Vita will accept indie games.
Now, don't get me wrong here.
I'm not trying to receive money or anything in return for the games like what the site is saying. I just wanna make them for fun. And while sony's not perfect, I (out of personal experience of using both consoles over many years), I don't really like XBOX. Not for anything really. It's just, the klunky controller and the fact that I have to pay monthly for LIVE. While SONY has not made good use of its online features in the kinds of games I play (putting them and the fact that they're free to waste), I'd still prefer it over paying monthly for LIVE.
So, I'm not doing this for money or anything. Simply because I like games. And I don't think SONY is the "best" but I'm less fond of microsoft's xbox series in comparison to SONY because I liked the PSP, PS2, and PS1. I have good memories of them. The PS1 and PS2 were the consoles that got me into gaming in specific along with Nintendo 64 and its game boy series all the way up to the modern day DSi. So if I could make games that port to them I think that'd be pretty cool. Other than that I've enjoyed using the XBOX. But it's not a console series that I have much attachment to. I lean more towards sony and nintendo.
So, I'm kinda excited that we can make indie games for the Vita.
Now comes my over dramatized question,
what programming language does the PS Vita or PS3 indie games use? Or what language is required to be used in order for the game to port to the console properly or be compatible with it?
But I do know that indie games have been made and sent to the PS3. At least, I think? And now there's the PS Vita.
After coming across this announcement on this forums randomly on google: http://www.ngemu.com...ad.php?t=147388
I find out that PS Vita will accept indie games.
Now, don't get me wrong here.
I'm not trying to receive money or anything in return for the games like what the site is saying. I just wanna make them for fun. And while sony's not perfect, I (out of personal experience of using both consoles over many years), I don't really like XBOX. Not for anything really. It's just, the klunky controller and the fact that I have to pay monthly for LIVE. While SONY has not made good use of its online features in the kinds of games I play (putting them and the fact that they're free to waste), I'd still prefer it over paying monthly for LIVE.
So, I'm not doing this for money or anything. Simply because I like games. And I don't think SONY is the "best" but I'm less fond of microsoft's xbox series in comparison to SONY because I liked the PSP, PS2, and PS1. I have good memories of them. The PS1 and PS2 were the consoles that got me into gaming in specific along with Nintendo 64 and its game boy series all the way up to the modern day DSi. So if I could make games that port to them I think that'd be pretty cool. Other than that I've enjoyed using the XBOX. But it's not a console series that I have much attachment to. I lean more towards sony and nintendo.
So, I'm kinda excited that we can make indie games for the Vita.
Now comes my over dramatized question,