Original Post
I am designing a RPG game and I am not sure what skill advancement system to implement. Currently systems I can think of:
- Time based. Similar to EVE, character gains X amount of XP every minute in specific skill, training also continues when player is not playing.
- Each skill gets X amount of XP when player trains this specific skill.
- Player gains XP doing different actions and then allocates the gained XP on any skill he chooses. Could be improved by categorising all the skills and then letting player spend XP only on that skill category he gained it from.
Bare in mind that the game will have nearly 30 different skills ranging from combat to gathering to vehicles.
Was wondering what people here think would be the most fun and also am I missing anything?
- Time based. Similar to EVE, character gains X amount of XP every minute in specific skill, training also continues when player is not playing.
- Each skill gets X amount of XP when player trains this specific skill.
- Player gains XP doing different actions and then allocates the gained XP on any skill he chooses. Could be improved by categorising all the skills and then letting player spend XP only on that skill category he gained it from.
Bare in mind that the game will have nearly 30 different skills ranging from combat to gathering to vehicles.
Was wondering what people here think would be the most fun and also am I missing anything?
