Original Post
Hi ya'll. Need help with a little something.
We just opened a small studio, and our first title would be an RPG. Let's say a JRPG looking title for that matter,rendered in 2d with much content that could have it running for 80+ hours.
Im looking for an Engine you guys could recommend that can build that.
According to my one of my programmers, during an engine selection meeting, game maker is viable since we're releasing it on Steam, so we'll only need but one .exe
But I know that a flash game cannot support an expansive game, because all its layers are in one file. So applying that logic....
I'm worried that the file will be in GBs in its completion and running everything on one exe file will slow it down.
Im not really a programmer, so I dont know much.
So, if it does slow it down, then can you guys recommend a nice engine for us that's kinda cheap as well?
Please dont go easy on me in terms of programming talk.
Just do your techtalk, and I'll relay whatever you post here to my team,
Thanks.
We just opened a small studio, and our first title would be an RPG. Let's say a JRPG looking title for that matter,rendered in 2d with much content that could have it running for 80+ hours.
Im looking for an Engine you guys could recommend that can build that.
According to my one of my programmers, during an engine selection meeting, game maker is viable since we're releasing it on Steam, so we'll only need but one .exe
But I know that a flash game cannot support an expansive game, because all its layers are in one file. So applying that logic....
I'm worried that the file will be in GBs in its completion and running everything on one exe file will slow it down.
Im not really a programmer, so I dont know much.
So, if it does slow it down, then can you guys recommend a nice engine for us that's kinda cheap as well?
Please dont go easy on me in terms of programming talk.
Just do your techtalk, and I'll relay whatever you post here to my team,
Thanks.