Original Post
Hi there,
I'm working on my game Blasting Forever, a top down space shooter. Here's an excerpt from the design doc:
The protaganist is an inhabitant of a planet, which has come under attack by an overwhelming force.
He decides to face these impossible odds and make a stand for as long as he can, by meeting the
enemy with its own ship.
In the game this translates into a never ending stream of enemy space ships, which the player must
withstand for as long as he/she can. Over time increasingly harder enemies appear, symbolizing the
advance of the bigger capital ships following the scouts. Each ship the player takes out is worth
points. Naturally the harder enemies are worth more points. The player can also decide to venture
away from the home planet to meet with the capital ships. This gives the player some control over
the level of difficulty.
A player can design its own ship. Every design the player decides to save is uploaded to a database.
This database is used to provide enemies for other players. Basicly a player is fighting the designs of
other players controlled by the AI. Interaction between players can take place by players challenging
each other to best their design or by posting their designs to social media.
A current build can be found here: linky (pretty rough)
I have doubts about monetization. What I'm looking for is a way to add micro-transactions, without annoying the player. Since the player can create his/her own ship out of parts, I was thinking about having parts locked at the start of the game. The player can unlock these parts by gathering ingame currency, or buying ingame currency with real money and then unlock the parts with the ingame currency. At the moment this is the best way I can think of to achieve my goal, but I'd like to hear what others have to say about this.
links:
designdoc
current build
I'm working on my game Blasting Forever, a top down space shooter. Here's an excerpt from the design doc:
The protaganist is an inhabitant of a planet, which has come under attack by an overwhelming force.
He decides to face these impossible odds and make a stand for as long as he can, by meeting the
enemy with its own ship.
In the game this translates into a never ending stream of enemy space ships, which the player must
withstand for as long as he/she can. Over time increasingly harder enemies appear, symbolizing the
advance of the bigger capital ships following the scouts. Each ship the player takes out is worth
points. Naturally the harder enemies are worth more points. The player can also decide to venture
away from the home planet to meet with the capital ships. This gives the player some control over
the level of difficulty.
A player can design its own ship. Every design the player decides to save is uploaded to a database.
This database is used to provide enemies for other players. Basicly a player is fighting the designs of
other players controlled by the AI. Interaction between players can take place by players challenging
each other to best their design or by posting their designs to social media.
A current build can be found here: linky (pretty rough)
I have doubts about monetization. What I'm looking for is a way to add micro-transactions, without annoying the player. Since the player can create his/her own ship out of parts, I was thinking about having parts locked at the start of the game. The player can unlock these parts by gathering ingame currency, or buying ingame currency with real money and then unlock the parts with the ingame currency. At the moment this is the best way I can think of to achieve my goal, but I'd like to hear what others have to say about this.
links:
designdoc
current build