Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Lesson 10: Texturing issue

Started by eDuDe Apr 10, 2012 at 5:39 AM 1 replies 4.3k views
Original Post
eDuDe
eDuDe
I have a modified (just using classes and a different variable naming scheme) version of Lesson 10 working, but I get this weird texturing issue and the only thing I can think of is it is related to loading in textures using SOIL. I even went as far as modifying the sample code to use SOIL, and I get the same result:

http://imgur.com/24gGJ

Here is my texture loading code, which seemed to work for previous lessons (I've been doing them sequently), debug code stripped out:


texture[0] = SOIL_load_OGL_texture( "Assets/2D/Mud.bmp",
SOIL_LOAD_AUTO,
SOIL_CREATE_NEW_ID,
SOIL_FLAG_INVERT_Y );

texture[1] = SOIL_load_OGL_texture( "Assets/2D/Mud.bmp",
SOIL_LOAD_AUTO,
SOIL_CREATE_NEW_ID,
SOIL_FLAG_INVERT_Y );

texture[2] = SOIL_load_OGL_texture( "Assets/2D/Mud.bmp",
SOIL_LOAD_AUTO,
SOIL_CREATE_NEW_ID,
SOIL_FLAG_INVERT_Y | SOIL_FLAG_MIPMAPS );

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[0]);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_NEAREST);

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[1]);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture[2]);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER,GL_LINEAR);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST);
.


Any idea what is up?
i_luv_cplusplus
i_luv_cplusplus
This looks like UV coordinates problem. Are you sure you are setting UV coordinates (glTexCoord2f) for every vertex?
OpenGL fanboy.
eDuDe
eDuDe
I'm loading it all from the world file given in the sample:
float x, y, z, u, v;
int tris;
char textline[255];
FILE *filein = fopen( "Assets/Worlds/World.txt", "rt");
ReadStr( filein, textline );
sscanf( textline, "NUMPOLLIES %d\n", &tris);
sector1.numTriangles = tris;
sector1.triangles = new triangle[sector1.numTriangles];
for ( int triangles = 0 ; triangles < sector1.numTriangles ; triangles++ )
{
for ( int vert = 0 ; vert < 3 ; vert++ )
{
ReadStr(filein, textline);
sscanf(textline, "%f %f %f %f %f", &x, &y, &z, &u, &v);
sector1.triangles[triangles].vertices[vert].x = x ;
sector1.triangles[triangles].vertices[vert].y = y ;
sector1.triangles[triangles].vertices[vert].z = z ;
sector1.triangles[triangles].vertices[vert].u = u ;
sector1.triangles[triangles].vertices[vert].v = v ;
}
}
fclose(filein);


It looked fine when stepping through the code, and I pretty much copy/pasted the tutorial project into mine with the modified texture loading and got the same result which is why I believe it has something to do with misusing SOIL.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.