Original Post
Hi,all.
I have a problem when I use pix to debug shader.
First,as the dx9 sample default use D3DXSHADER_DEBUG,it can show source code when pix debug,but when step it it's just like have been optimized.And the asm is too sad to read.
Then,I open
And now it can step hlsl source code "rightly",that's what I need.(Edit:This can only work in PIXGameDebugging sample.Other samples can't,as follows.)
But the question is:Its fps is so slow just be 0.2 or 0.3,it can't even capture the event what I press F12.And even worse,after many many F12,it may get it,but pix always crash.I use pix x64 on windows7 x64.And my card is GTX460.
Then I tried to use dwShaderFlags |= D3DXSHADER_SKIPOPTIMIZATION to disable the optimization.But it still cannot do what I want.
So I want to ask how you guys debug shader as can step it in hlsl source code?Is something I did wrong?
Maybe I can reconstruct a project in FXComposer to debug,but now I don't have the time.
Thanks!
Harry
If you don't know clearly about my expression,please tell me,I'll improve it.So sorry for my bad english.
I think maybe it's easy for you skilled in dx.
I have a problem when I use pix to debug shader.
First,as the dx9 sample default use D3DXSHADER_DEBUG,it can show source code when pix debug,but when step it it's just like have been optimized.And the asm is too sad to read.
Then,I open
#ifdef DEBUG_VS
dwShaderFlags |= D3DXSHADER_FORCE_VS_SOFTWARE_NOOPT;
#endif
#ifdef DEBUG_PS
dwShaderFlags |= D3DXSHADER_FORCE_PS_SOFTWARE_NOOPT;
#endif
And now it can step hlsl source code "rightly",that's what I need.(Edit:This can only work in PIXGameDebugging sample.Other samples can't,as follows.)
But the question is:Its fps is so slow just be 0.2 or 0.3,it can't even capture the event what I press F12.And even worse,after many many F12,it may get it,but pix always crash.I use pix x64 on windows7 x64.And my card is GTX460.
Then I tried to use dwShaderFlags |= D3DXSHADER_SKIPOPTIMIZATION to disable the optimization.But it still cannot do what I want.
So I want to ask how you guys debug shader as can step it in hlsl source code?Is something I did wrong?
Maybe I can reconstruct a project in FXComposer to debug,but now I don't have the time.
Thanks!
Harry
If you don't know clearly about my expression,please tell me,I'll improve it.So sorry for my bad english.
I think maybe it's easy for you skilled in dx.