Original Post
I'm sitting on several game ideas that are, in my humble opinion anyway, totally viable. They range from things that a skilled person could do all by themselves up to AAA multi-million dollar projects (ie. pipe dreams
. )
The problem is that I have no idea how to bring these ideas into reality. It's my understanding that programming requires a lot of math, and that is far from being my strong point. I can teach myself some basic skills in C++ or something, but I wouldn't trust myself to make it through a Computer Science degree successfully. I'm also not artistic in the slightest, so I can't take that angle.
I can write. That's my one relevant talent. Is writing enough to get me into the industry?
And do development companies ever hire people who have ideas, but no technical skills? I would think most designers started out doing programming or whatever...
And how can I bring my small game ideas into reality without being able to do the art and programming work myself?
The problem is that I have no idea how to bring these ideas into reality. It's my understanding that programming requires a lot of math, and that is far from being my strong point. I can teach myself some basic skills in C++ or something, but I wouldn't trust myself to make it through a Computer Science degree successfully. I'm also not artistic in the slightest, so I can't take that angle.
I can write. That's my one relevant talent. Is writing enough to get me into the industry?
And do development companies ever hire people who have ideas, but no technical skills? I would think most designers started out doing programming or whatever...
And how can I bring my small game ideas into reality without being able to do the art and programming work myself?