Original Post
Over the last few days, I've picked up my games programming project once again.
Where I was up to was to implement trigger zones and manage level changes.
I've now done the triggers, however the problem area now lies within the way I thought about implementing the level changes. This is as follows:
- Level class
- Overall level object which holds the current level instance
- The level class has a "nextmap" filename
Once the "End" trigger is reached, the current level will unload it's self and create a new instance which gets assigned to the overall level object. This then will load the new level - one problem here is that there will be no loading screen as a result of this, however I feel like I know a method of implementing that.
I feel like there is a problem in doing this however I'm not entirely sure what it is.
Where I was up to was to implement trigger zones and manage level changes.
I've now done the triggers, however the problem area now lies within the way I thought about implementing the level changes. This is as follows:
- Level class
- Overall level object which holds the current level instance
- The level class has a "nextmap" filename
Once the "End" trigger is reached, the current level will unload it's self and create a new instance which gets assigned to the overall level object. This then will load the new level - one problem here is that there will be no loading screen as a result of this, however I feel like I know a method of implementing that.
I feel like there is a problem in doing this however I'm not entirely sure what it is.