Original Post
Okay, I've been trying to handle the loading of models and animations myself but its just not working and I'm wasting my time on it when I want to get into graphics programming rather than screw around for weeks trying to get animations working!
All I want is something to load a model and then by simply passing a time delta will return an array of transforms (cubic (or similarly) interpolated), then I can pass the transforms to my shaders and render the model.
I've tried doing this with the assistance of Assimp and I've had so many problems its ridiculous. Model loading was simple, loading weights I had a bit of trouble but I THINK I have that done, but I can't be sure until animations load, which I've tried many different ways to no avail, in fact the closest I've got to it transforms the model into a mutilated mess.
I've (and I'm not joking) spent weeks trying to get it working but I just can't and its driven me nuts, all I want to do is handle logic and the rendering process.
I would go back to using XNA, but the power loss in using a managed language takes away too much of the freedom I want while building up the rendering process.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advanced,
Bombshell
All I want is something to load a model and then by simply passing a time delta will return an array of transforms (cubic (or similarly) interpolated), then I can pass the transforms to my shaders and render the model.
I've tried doing this with the assistance of Assimp and I've had so many problems its ridiculous. Model loading was simple, loading weights I had a bit of trouble but I THINK I have that done, but I can't be sure until animations load, which I've tried many different ways to no avail, in fact the closest I've got to it transforms the model into a mutilated mess.
I've (and I'm not joking) spent weeks trying to get it working but I just can't and its driven me nuts, all I want to do is handle logic and the rendering process.
I would go back to using XNA, but the power loss in using a managed language takes away too much of the freedom I want while building up the rendering process.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advanced,
Bombshell
