Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked 🎮 Unity

Mirror reflection on iPad

Started by subsym Apr 24, 2012 at 6:33 AM 0 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
subsym
subsym
Hi,

this is my first question on this board, so please bear with me if it's not in the right place smile.png It's about efficient iOS OpenGL ES programming.

I have a quick question about rendering mirror effects. I know about the standard way (render scene and stencil for reflectors, render again with inverted transform), e.g. also discussed in this older thread

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/377187-mirror-reflection-effect/

I was just wondering whether this is still state-of-the-art for planar reflectors, and whether people consider this a good fit for the specifics of the iPad GPU?

You can obviously accelerate this by tighter frustum culling, but are there any other tricks you are aware of?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.