Original Post
There has been some focus lately on dystopian sci-fi books/movies/games casting a poor light on the scientific profession. Many games involve an apocalypse released by a hapless scientist, fighting an evil genius, or an evil corporation bending weak-willed scientists to their evil ends. In light of this I'd like to work on a sci-fi game which is positive or at least neutral towards science and/or scientists. The problem is that I've all but grown up on dystopian sci-fi, so my source of inspiration tends to be pretty dark. I have total writers block in this area.
The technical limitations I'm working within are:
- Limit number of NPCs with decent AI, e.g. plenty of robots or zombies fine, but proper reactive characters limited.
- Limit visible distance, e.g. indoors or in a city with obscuring buildings.
- Multiple outcomes preferred without a clear succeed/fail.
I know I'm unashamedly asking for ideas or at least a strategy for coming up with ideas, but vague ideas are fine. I'm happy to put in the grunt work.
The technical limitations I'm working within are:
- Limit number of NPCs with decent AI, e.g. plenty of robots or zombies fine, but proper reactive characters limited.
- Limit visible distance, e.g. indoors or in a city with obscuring buildings.
- Multiple outcomes preferred without a clear succeed/fail.
I know I'm unashamedly asking for ideas or at least a strategy for coming up with ideas, but vague ideas are fine. I'm happy to put in the grunt work.