Original Post
Hello, devs!
I've got a rare question. It's not about engines, languages or "How do I make a MMORPG?" but about devices. First, my skills. I know Java and Android. I know C++/SDL too, and a bit OpenGL. Problem is I'm about to start developing an entire game, and I don't know which platform to target.
ANDROID: Revenue is a plus. Android Market is full of indie simple games, and a small development could lead into great visibility. Also, every developer would be very proud to see his game published and get feedback. I would use LibGDX. For the 'cons', there are lots of different devices and I think programming is less friendly than the alternative.
COMPUTER: I would use SFML. Cause I already know C++, it shouldn't be any difficult. I've heard SFML is very easy. There are lots of tutorials through the net, and C++ is heavily used for game programming, so I think I could learn more and have better community support. This time, the 'cons' are that it's almost impossible for a noob game developer to get visibility, so the development would be like a never ending beta, without the massive feedback of the Android platform.
My objective is to learn game programming, and I was wondering if Android/LibGDX is good for learning or I better go the C++ way. If someone knows the two libraries and can tell me which is better for that, I'll appreciate.
(In short, I don't know much more of LibGDX or SFML, so I can't decide which is better for game programming)
I've got a rare question. It's not about engines, languages or "How do I make a MMORPG?" but about devices. First, my skills. I know Java and Android. I know C++/SDL too, and a bit OpenGL. Problem is I'm about to start developing an entire game, and I don't know which platform to target.
ANDROID: Revenue is a plus. Android Market is full of indie simple games, and a small development could lead into great visibility. Also, every developer would be very proud to see his game published and get feedback. I would use LibGDX. For the 'cons', there are lots of different devices and I think programming is less friendly than the alternative.
COMPUTER: I would use SFML. Cause I already know C++, it shouldn't be any difficult. I've heard SFML is very easy. There are lots of tutorials through the net, and C++ is heavily used for game programming, so I think I could learn more and have better community support. This time, the 'cons' are that it's almost impossible for a noob game developer to get visibility, so the development would be like a never ending beta, without the massive feedback of the Android platform.
My objective is to learn game programming, and I was wondering if Android/LibGDX is good for learning or I better go the C++ way. If someone knows the two libraries and can tell me which is better for that, I'll appreciate.
(In short, I don't know much more of LibGDX or SFML, so I can't decide which is better for game programming)