Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GRACE2 engine - Our game engine using AngelScript :)

Started by virious May 14, 2012 at 8:20 AM 21 replies 10.3k views
FDsagizi
FDsagizi
need more screen shots, videos, and SDK!

Looks good!

PS\ PS3 and XBox 360 testing on this time? or this planssmile.png
WitchLord
WitchLord
Nice work!

I'll have to find the time to download this SDK to give it a try. Especially the script IDE you've implemented

Out of curiousity, are you using native calling conventions for AngelScript on all the supported platforms? Or did you have to switch to the generic calling conventions with wrappers on any of them? I'm mostly looking for additional confirmation that everything works with the native calling convention, as I'm not able to test all platforms myself.

I'm also curious about Tetragramatron. Is this visual scripting system a completely separate scripting system from AngelScript, or is it a layer on top of AngelScript, i.e. does it generate AngelScript code from the visual graphs?

Regards,
Andreas
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
Tzarls
Tzarls
In your "Simplest Application" tutorial you have something like this:


58 [color=#666666][background=transparent]// remove splash[/background]
59 [color=#0000DD][background=transparent]delete[/background] splash[color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]
60 splash [color=#000080][background=transparent]=[/background] [color=#0000FF][background=transparent]NULL[/background][color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]
61 .....
73 [color=#0000DD][background=transparent]delete[/background] splash[color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]

Crash!wink.png
virious
virious

Nice work!


Thanks smile.png.


Out of curiousity, are you using native calling conventions for AngelScript on all the supported platforms? Or did you have to switch to the generic calling conventions with wrappers on any of them? I'm mostly looking for additional confirmation that everything works with the native calling convention, as I'm not able to test all platforms myself.


I'm using mostly native calling convention for all those platforms, but we will be testing it extensively again in the near future to check if everything works fine.


I'm also curious about Tetragramatron. Is this visual scripting system a completely separate scripting system from AngelScript, or is it a layer on top of AngelScript, i.e. does it generate AngelScript code from the visual graphs?


Tetragramaton is a tool for creation of graphs which are built with the VAS (Visual AngelScript) blocks. Each VAS block is a type registered to the AngelScript (with it's methods and properties). In Tetragramaton we create graph for some functionality. Each graph has one entry point, which is treated like a normal AS function. If we have graph with the entry point called "SomeEntryPoint", we can call it in scripts:


SomeEntryPoint();


and it will execute logic which was created in that graph. But if someone wants to write some code without using graphs and blocks, he also can, because as I mentioned earlier, all those block types are also registered to the AngelScript engine.

I hope I've explained it well smile.png.
virious
virious

In your "Simplest Application" tutorial you have something like this:


58 [color=#666666][background=transparent]// remove splash[/background]
59 [color=#0000DD][background=transparent]delete[/background] splash[color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]
60 splash [color=#000080][background=transparent]=[/background] [color=#0000FF][background=transparent]NULL[/background][color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]
61 .....
73 [color=#0000DD][background=transparent]delete[/background] splash[color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]

Crash!wink.png


Thanks for pointing that out! We'll get this fixed .
WitchLord
WitchLord

I hope I've explained it well smile.png.


Thanks for the explanation. It gives me an idea of what it is. Sounds like it is a parallel system accessing much the same API provided to AngelScript rather than a layer on top of AngelScript.

Once I get the time to play around with the SDK I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions.

[edit] I've added a link to the engine on the users list.
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel
InvalidPointer
InvalidPointer

In your "Simplest Application" tutorial you have something like this:


58 [color=#666666][background=transparent]// remove splash[/background]
59 [color=#0000DD][background=transparent]delete[/background] splash[color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]
60 splash [color=#000080][background=transparent]=[/background] [color=#0000FF][background=transparent]NULL[/background][color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]
61 .....
73 [color=#0000DD][background=transparent]delete[/background] splash[color=#008080][background=transparent];[/background]

Crash!wink.png

Deleting a null pointer is well-defined behavior in the C++ spec and will do nothing-- don't perpetuate that myth! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

(it's cool, the more you know)
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.
Tzarls
Tzarls
Yes, you´re right, my bad. Now I know!wink.png
FDsagizi
FDsagizi
Download!!!!smile.png
FDsagizi
FDsagizi

As FDsagizi noticed smile.png, we have our SDK available to download here at our webpage (http://grace2engine.com/download/). We also uploaded some screenshots of our tools and a gameplay movie of game "Kurka Wodna" made on GRACE2 engine for the Android tablet.


Where is editor( SANDBOX ) ???
FDsagizi
FDsagizi
wait wait sandboxsmile.png
3kimr
3kimr
Looks great, but I am curious as to when we will see a Linux port. Is there one in the pipeline? You have all of the other platforms, and Steam on Linux has been confirmed, so why not? Especially if you have the OpenGL renderer in the OSX version.
WitchLord
WitchLord
The graphics are really impressive and the story is intriguing. I'll have to keep an eye on this game..

Are you using AngelScript in the game too? If so I'll add it to the users list...
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.