Original Post
Anyone know how to enable adaptive v-sync in my own D3D11 app/game?
At the moment I'm doing something like this:
[source lang="cpp"]
...
if (currentFPS >= MAX_FPS) {
swapChain->Present(1, 0); // do vertical sync
} else {
swapChain->Present(0, 0); // present immediately
}
...
[/source]
...but I think this is not exactly the same.
As long as I've searched now for a solution to this problem, I'm starting to suspect that one can only activate this feature in the control panel. But then again Rage can apparently enable it directly (although it's called 'smart v-sync' there).
At the moment I'm doing something like this:
[source lang="cpp"]
...
if (currentFPS >= MAX_FPS) {
swapChain->Present(1, 0); // do vertical sync
} else {
swapChain->Present(0, 0); // present immediately
}
...
[/source]
...but I think this is not exactly the same.
As long as I've searched now for a solution to this problem, I'm starting to suspect that one can only activate this feature in the control panel. But then again Rage can apparently enable it directly (although it's called 'smart v-sync' there).