Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I made a game -- would appreciate some feedback

Started by Billy Basso May 18, 2012 at 12:07 AM 4 replies 2.8k views
Original Post
Billy Basso
Billy Basso
I had to remake asteroids for my game-dev class. While the premise is simple and boring, I think it turned out alright. Before I turn it, I would really appreciate some feedback. There's a download link on the front page of my website: http://billybasso.com

Thanks!
taby
taby
The screenshots look cool. Can you post more here?
Billy Basso
Billy Basso
Why yes!

Asteroids%201.JPG

Asteroids%206.JPG

Asteroids%205.JPG

As boring as another Asteroids game sounds, I honestly think it's worth playing.
taby
taby
If you released the source so that I could compile it myself, I'd play it for sure.
BlueSalamander
BlueSalamander
I've played it and I liked it. A real throwback to the days of the Vectrex.

Instead of the 'teleport' function with the down arrow, which I think is confusing, I would have given the player three bombs that clear out the screen.

I liked the sound effects, music and 3d background. Well done.
Billy Basso
Billy Basso

I've played it and I liked it. A real throwback to the days of the Vectrex.

Instead of the 'teleport' function with the down arrow, which I think is confusing, I would have given the player three bombs that clear out the screen.

I liked the sound effects, music and 3d background. Well done.


Yeah, I agree bombs would probably be more fun. I put the teleport ability in there because I was just blindly re-implementing all the features of the original 1979 arcade version of asteroids.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.