Original Post
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Hello this is my first post on this forum (just registered).[/background][/font]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Hello this is my first post on this forum (just registered).[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I am 17 years old and i want to seriously work as a game programmer or game designer.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]1. First thing i would like to ask you is what would be the best programming language for me to learn first? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)](I have in mind how programming works..i had started Pascal and C++ without problem but nothing too serious cause i had to study for school).[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know that C++ is the language used for creating games in pc,concoles. But many people say that it is not appropriate for a begginer language.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]With that being said, i [/background][/font]probably [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]should start learning another language first and then go to C++, which language do you recommend me? (I am thinking about starting with C#.)[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]2. Because i live in Greece and here game development does not exist i cant join any game company. So i will have to create a game on my own to break in the game industry. I am thinking about creating a JRPG style game (2d game) in RPG Maker [/background][/font][color="#FF0000"][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]after [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]i learn programming first. Is there a better RPG engine than RPG Maker? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I want when i will be around 19-20 years old to start creating the game and have all the required knowledge to make the game. I have already start creating the concept and the story.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know i am a bit hasty but the situation in Greece right now makes us to plan for the future from now...[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sorry if i have any grammar,spelling errors. English is not my native language. Thanks in advance! [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]1. First thing i would like to ask you is what would be the best programming language for me to learn first? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)](I have in mind how programming works..i had started Pascal and C++ without problem but nothing too serious cause i had to study for school).[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know that C++ is the language used for creating games in pc,concoles. But many people say that it is not appropriate for a begginer language.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]With that being said, i [/background][/font]probably [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]should start learning another language first and then go to C++, which language do you recommend me? (I am thinking about starting with C#.)[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]2. Because i live in Greece and here game development does not exist i cant join any game company. So i will have to create a game on my own to break in the game industry. I am thinking about creating a JRPG style game (2d game) in RPG Maker [/background][/font][color="#FF0000"][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]after [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]i learn programming first. Is there a better RPG engine than RPG Maker? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I want when i will be around 19-20 years old to start creating the game and have all the required knowledge to make the game. I have already start creating the concept and the story.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know i am a bit hasty but the situation in Greece right now makes us to plan for the future from now...[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sorry if i have any grammar,spelling errors. English is not my native language. Thanks in advance! [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know that C++ is the language used for creating games in pc,concoles. But many people say that it is not appropriate for a begginer language.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]With that being said, i [/background][/font]probably [color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]should start learning another language first and then go to C++, which language do you recommend me? (I am thinking about starting with C#.)[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]2. Because i live in Greece and here game development does not exist i cant join any game company. So i will have to create a game on my own to break in the game industry. I am thinking about creating a JRPG style game (2d game) in RPG Maker [/background][/font][color="#FF0000"][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]after [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]i learn programming first. Is there a better RPG engine than RPG Maker? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I want when i will be around 19-20 years old to start creating the game and have all the required knowledge to make the game. I have already start creating the concept and the story.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know i am a bit hasty but the situation in Greece right now makes us to plan for the future from now...[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sorry if i have any grammar,spelling errors. English is not my native language. Thanks in advance! [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
[/background][/font]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]should start learning another language first and then go to C++, which language do you recommend me? (I am thinking about starting with C#.)[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]2. Because i live in Greece and here game development does not exist i cant join any game company. So i will have to create a game on my own to break in the game industry. I am thinking about creating a JRPG style game (2d game) in RPG Maker [/background][/font][color="#FF0000"][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]after [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]i learn programming first. Is there a better RPG engine than RPG Maker? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I want when i will be around 19-20 years old to start creating the game and have all the required knowledge to make the game. I have already start creating the concept and the story.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know i am a bit hasty but the situation in Greece right now makes us to plan for the future from now...[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sorry if i have any grammar,spelling errors. English is not my native language. Thanks in advance! [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
[/background][/font]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]after [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]i learn programming first. Is there a better RPG engine than RPG Maker? [/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I want when i will be around 19-20 years old to start creating the game and have all the required knowledge to make the game. I have already start creating the concept and the story.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know i am a bit hasty but the situation in Greece right now makes us to plan for the future from now...[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sorry if i have any grammar,spelling errors. English is not my native language. Thanks in advance! [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I want when i will be around 19-20 years old to start creating the game and have all the required knowledge to make the game. I have already start creating the concept and the story.[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]I know i am a bit hasty but the situation in Greece right now makes us to plan for the future from now...[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Sorry if i have any grammar,spelling errors. English is not my native language. Thanks in advance! [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][/font][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]
[/background][/font]
[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]