Original Post
I've written a procedural noise shader. It's pretty heavy but it only serves to Render-To-Texture so that's fine.
One big problem I have is that the compile time is pretty insane, so I'm trying to precompile it using FXC.exe. I have to use the June 2010 DX SDK because it's not an SM4.0 shader (my application, 3DS Max, is still D3D9).
Now the problem with the assembly code that FXC generates, is that it doesn't work exactly the same as the uncompiled code. The values the noise functions generate are in a very different range, resulting in pretty much nothing visible. If my application compiles it with its own compiler, it works fine...
This is a bit of a long shot, but would anyone know what is going wrong?
One big problem I have is that the compile time is pretty insane, so I'm trying to precompile it using FXC.exe. I have to use the June 2010 DX SDK because it's not an SM4.0 shader (my application, 3DS Max, is still D3D9).
Now the problem with the assembly code that FXC generates, is that it doesn't work exactly the same as the uncompiled code. The values the noise functions generate are in a very different range, resulting in pretty much nothing visible. If my application compiles it with its own compiler, it works fine...
This is a bit of a long shot, but would anyone know what is going wrong?