Original Post
I have been thinking this for a while and I'm not sure if there is already a solution out there. I did not find anything from Google. What I am wondering is how can I create a system that is easy to use for RPG games that uses stats for characters. It is not simply "Str", "Dex" and use some number to scale "attack" or "attack speed", but instead, a system that would nicely integrate effects into the game that is EASILY EXTENDABLE. Effects are things such as "decrease 10 hp per frame" or "increase 1.5 mana per frame". I'm thinking that each Entity in the game would keep at least two list of effects. Each effect maybe once time applied or per frame applied. During each frame, we simply loop through these lists and apply each effect. We remove the ones that are applied once and keep the ones that are applied over time. Anyone got any good polymorphic object oriented design?
Thanks,
CXD
Thanks,
CXD