Original Post
Okay, I picked up a book yesterday to help me further understand some math concepts to do with Vectors and Matrices. I'll list a few, correct me if I'm wrong? I just need to get my head around these.
D3DXVec3Normalize() - What does this do exactly? if I put in a vector (0, 5, 4.33) what would that return? (0, 1, 1) ??
D3DXVec3TransformCoord() - I used this yesterday in making a First Person Camera, though I do not know what it does. Example?
D3DXVec3Dot() - I have no idea what this does.
D3DXVec3Cross() - I think I know what this does. You give it 2 Vectors and it returns a Vector that is Right Angle to both given Vectors?
========================================
Can someone explain these to me better? Please don't suggest I go do a course or read a book because I'm not really all that good with Mathso I need an explanation is simple ENGLISH rather than a bunch of math equations
Thanks
D3DXVec3Normalize() - What does this do exactly? if I put in a vector (0, 5, 4.33) what would that return? (0, 1, 1) ??
D3DXVec3TransformCoord() - I used this yesterday in making a First Person Camera, though I do not know what it does. Example?
D3DXVec3Dot() - I have no idea what this does.
D3DXVec3Cross() - I think I know what this does. You give it 2 Vectors and it returns a Vector that is Right Angle to both given Vectors?
========================================
Can someone explain these to me better? Please don't suggest I go do a course or read a book because I'm not really all that good with Mathso I need an explanation is simple ENGLISH rather than a bunch of math equations
Thanks