Original Post
So, I've been on hiatus for a bit, but I'm back! Currently in the process of making 2 games with a group of friends too! Anyways, I wanted to know what you all thought of the writing in Diablo 3. It has been under a lot of criticism lately and I was wondering what your opinions were.
Personally, I feel like a company as large as Blizzard should have been able to do much much better than this. There were cut scenes that I actually cringed during because of how terribly cheesy and poorly written they were. Nevermind the fact that every bit of the story was spoon fed to the player and left nothing up to our imaginations, like we are all illiterate idiots that can't grasp anything that is vague in any way. Also, glazing over the most important and interesting parts of the story by mediocre, poorly written, in-game cut scenes. I felt extremely disappointed, especially since I've been a huge fan of this franchise ever since Diablo came out years and years and years ago.
But what do you all think?
Personally, I feel like a company as large as Blizzard should have been able to do much much better than this. There were cut scenes that I actually cringed during because of how terribly cheesy and poorly written they were. Nevermind the fact that every bit of the story was spoon fed to the player and left nothing up to our imaginations, like we are all illiterate idiots that can't grasp anything that is vague in any way. Also, glazing over the most important and interesting parts of the story by mediocre, poorly written, in-game cut scenes. I felt extremely disappointed, especially since I've been a huge fan of this franchise ever since Diablo came out years and years and years ago.
But what do you all think?