Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

simple but important opengl question.

Started by Azrael Jan 10, 2000 at 1:23 PM 3 replies 550+ views
Original Post
Azrael
Azrael
I tried compiling one of the opengl.org nehe tutorial, in my machine using the windows opengl library that comes with visual studio 5 and the result was sloow, about 3 fps, it was a lot slower than the win98 screensavers. Im using glut32, opengl32 I have 3dfxfl.dll in the windows dir, im compiling with msvc 5.00 My machine is a pentium 233 32 megs in ram with a banshee 3dfx card on it, (I saw the web page, and suposedly I have the full ICD ) please help! I really want to start using opengl but I simply CANT work at that speed!
logistix
logistix
Is Banshee Voodoo3( I don''t know much about 3dfx names)? Unless its voodoo3 it has a full OpenGL support now but It''s not an ICD. That means it doesn''t tie into the Microsoft Opengl32.dll and uses a different .dll that most professional stuff makes an exception for.

Somewhere on gamedev is an article with headers that will figure this out for you. I''m not sure where though.
-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
Azrael
Azrael
I already checked, but found nothing, is there anyone out there using the same system I do?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.