Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Recommended particle engine?

Started by DvDmanDT Jun 7, 2012 at 4:32 PM 3 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
DvDmanDT
DvDmanDT
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a particle engine for XNA 4? I was looking at Mercury Particle Engine (http://mpe.codeplex.com) but apparently the project has decided to radically change direction and the experimental 3D support was discontinued by the main author. I suppose I could write my own, but I'm guessing there's hundreds of them out there, at least some of which must be good, so I'm asking you people if you can recommend any..?

3D support, editor and effect library are pluses.
turch
turch
I looked at Spark a little while ago. They only have an OpenGL and SFML renderer implemented, but it took me all of 10 minutes to get basic functionality working with my current Dx9/10 engine. That seemed to be the only free, cross platform capable engine with a decent license (zlib) at the time I was looking (which was a while ago).
DvDmanDT
DvDmanDT
Thanks for the link, but a C++ library without bindings for XNA or .NET and with several external dependencies (at least I think so?) with no library or editor as far as I can tell is not really what I'm looking for at this time. The license is a great point though, if I am to be able to use it, it must be a non-restrictive license (ie, no gpl).
DJTN
DJTN
I rolled my own, its not that difficult and I can customize it for what ever I need.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.