Original Post
Hello,
I am fairly new to game programming, especially with DirectX. I am an experienced programmer, but not with DirectX or Windows. Like so many, I am going through Beginning Game Programming 3rd, and I have run into a few recurring problems. But before just posting a giant block of code, I thought I would at least ask if anyone has encountered similar problems.
1. I am unable to get my program to read key presses after the program window is back grounded. Everything works until I bring one window up to the front, and bring my program back. Perhaps there is something wrong with my WinProc function?
2. Not a serious problem, but a rather annoying one; the minimize, maximize, and exit buttons that are supposed to be at the top right of the window are not showing up. My WinMain is consistent with the book's. I haven't a clue on this one.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
I am fairly new to game programming, especially with DirectX. I am an experienced programmer, but not with DirectX or Windows. Like so many, I am going through Beginning Game Programming 3rd, and I have run into a few recurring problems. But before just posting a giant block of code, I thought I would at least ask if anyone has encountered similar problems.
1. I am unable to get my program to read key presses after the program window is back grounded. Everything works until I bring one window up to the front, and bring my program back. Perhaps there is something wrong with my WinProc function?
2. Not a serious problem, but a rather annoying one; the minimize, maximize, and exit buttons that are supposed to be at the top right of the window are not showing up. My WinMain is consistent with the book's. I haven't a clue on this one.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!