Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Keyboard and Mouse Input

Started by wisey Jun 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM 2 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
wisey
wisey
http://ideone.com/gO3wy

I'm trying to extend how my app handles input and I don't know why I'm getting trouble with WM_LBUTTONDOWN. The compiler says this:

http://ideone.com/r3joy

Obviously I can't write a test case for a directx app so where do you think i'm going wrong with this?

Please let me know if you need more help, and I do appreciate that you don't have the ide with my project running to test things.

Do you think it could be problems elsewhere because i've updated code in other files too.

--
Wisey
Washu
Washu
Did you try googling the error messages. Because the very first entry answers your question.
In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.
wisey
wisey
Oh thanks Washu

I didn't know you could google the error's like that, thanks. So the first link told me to add some braces which solved the error but now I have more errors.

http://ideone.com/bRN80

So this time I tried googling [color=#000066]

[background=rgb(240, 240, 240)]error C2146[/background] and [color=#000066]

[background=rgb(240, 240, 240)]error C4430[/background] and it didn't really help. There is nothing wrong with the code asaik but i'm probably missing something. Without showing you my entire code base I realize you may struggle to help me.

But I know that some of you guys are very good at reading the output from a compiler. For instance, I used to just copy and paste entire lines from the output. When just the error code will suffice. So I don't know, maybe you can help.

Thanks

--
Wisey

Washu
Washu
The most common reason for that error is that you did something like:

class Something {
}// <-- missing semicolon
In time the project grows, the ignorance of its devs it shows, with many a convoluted function, it plunges into deep compunction, the price of failure is high, Washu's mirth is nigh.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.