Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

How to build multi-user Snake?

Started by Alin Alin C Jun 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM 0 replies 3k views
Original Post
Alin Alin C
Alin Alin C
I post a reply on this topic: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/580268-how-to-make-cars-position-syncronization-on-clients-in-2d-multiplayer-racing-game/page__pid__4695498#entry4695498 but I think the admin create a new topic for me. (Thank you, very nice from yousmile.png)

------
I am having the same problem, but I don't know what programming language to use for networking part.

I have made this game(a simple snake game): http://students.info...ocan/BetaSnake/

and now I want to do a multiplayer snake and I don't know how to start. where should I look for information about UDP, TCP and other stuff. Should I change my programming language?

---

Still, if anyone will be nice to answer me, I'll be very grateful.wub.png
davepermen
davepermen
if you would be using asp.net i'd have said use signalr, it's perfect for that kind of thing. i think for non-asp.net, stuff like node.js is popular. or socket.io or what ever.

you can check out a simple snakelike environment here: http://test.conesoft.net/PartyMode

in my case, it's done with signalr and asp.net, but that stuff exists for each language.

actually i don't really know how flash can do it, but those names might help for search terms
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia
My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.