Original Post
I'm having some difficulties with my current project and was hopeing that I could get a little feedback on the issue of Embedded Python Debugging for games.
My project is written in C++ with Ogre3D graphics engine. I have embedded Python in the project and have done some nice things like getting the program to break when there is an exception in python, printing out errors and callstacks etc, But I am getting to the stage where debugging by print statements is just getting too slow and laborious. I have tried intergrating winpdb (http://winpdb.org/ ) into my project, but I find it to be unuseable (I hate having to connect to the process every time I launch, and it doesn't catch exceptions).
So my question is this, has anybody else embedded python in a game with a useful graphical debugger with it? I basically want something along the lines of Lua Tilde for my project.
At the moment, I'm thinking that I might have to write my own GUI Python Debugger and change the structure of my program to read from sockets that it will connect to, but before I dive in the deep end I was hopeing that somebody had a better solution.
Thanks
My project is written in C++ with Ogre3D graphics engine. I have embedded Python in the project and have done some nice things like getting the program to break when there is an exception in python, printing out errors and callstacks etc, But I am getting to the stage where debugging by print statements is just getting too slow and laborious. I have tried intergrating winpdb (http://winpdb.org/ ) into my project, but I find it to be unuseable (I hate having to connect to the process every time I launch, and it doesn't catch exceptions).
So my question is this, has anybody else embedded python in a game with a useful graphical debugger with it? I basically want something along the lines of Lua Tilde for my project.
At the moment, I'm thinking that I might have to write my own GUI Python Debugger and change the structure of my program to read from sockets that it will connect to, but before I dive in the deep end I was hopeing that somebody had a better solution.
Thanks