Original Post
I'm an aspiring game designer currently attending college to get a degree in game design and development. I've built a game before using FPS creator when I was like 14, the software made it so easy you can say a 5th grader can do it. So I cant say I've had major experience designing games, but I've been creating stories since the 3rd grade drawing comics on notebook paper. The idea I had for a game is inspired from other games, books, TV shows and so on. I just need an opinion on how I'm doing so far. I personally think its a good idea, but I cant conclude that on my own. While writing the story of the game, I found myself very passionate about the story and many ideas and concepts came to mind. I took a break and thought about what it would take to actually make this game the way it looks on screen the same way it looks in my head, and I humbled myself to accepting the challenges and what good of a team I'll need to actually make this idea come to life. A certain aesthetic or appeal that gives the game a bold, fresh and unique brand and experience. The concept of experiencing the world through the character's eyes by not confining the player to a battlefield, taking him/her places where the conflict touches many things outside the battlefield. A game that takes away the inevitability of completing a mission, giving the player a free will that will shape the outcome of the story based on weather or not the mission failed or not. Great AI, graphics, all the good stuff people wish were present in more games I guess. Guess you can say this is my first project...no idea how I'm going to come about developing it hahah, but all this stuff is just blissful ideas in my head that I can't fully decode yet.
...anyway, the Idea I came up with so far, its a lil long, forgive me:
It’s 2085 and James Niles is a man living in the dawn of a second American civil conflict provoked by an undercover journalist movement exposing a series of clandestine operations and events leading up to the agenda of the newly formed ERA (Elitist Republic America). A period called the exposition era which started in 2062 because of the unusual amounts of disasters that happened prior to that period. Natural, economic, infrastructural and medical. Many of them unexplained or dismissed with a questionable explanation. In 2075, the news released by these journalist spies who called themselves the Joint Truth Beholders got more and more intense by exposing many amendments made by the government over time that resulted in the eventual decay of the U.S. Bill of Rights. These new laws when read between the lines of the B.o.R. stripped away the individual rights of Americans. By 2080, American society began shifting into a dystopian state with the initiation of a police state government. Then in 2082, the unthinkable happens when the four members of the JTB were finally unveiled to the public for the first time. Tragically and inevitably, they were all assassinated shortly after. This marked a limit in outrage amongst the masses of the American public. This sparked aggressive rebellion against the imposed power in the country and it goes on til 2084; with the bombing of many government facility by civilians. The govt takes the uprising seriously and as a result of the bombings, the ERA responded with a vengeance. They began to lash out a force against civilians in an attempt to keep them under control by committing random acts of terrorism indirectly using mind controlled individuals called subjects who were victims to a project named ALPHAMIND (a revival of MKULTRA with more effective and advanced methods to achieve mind control as a means to mass produce subjects to release in society long sponsored by elite scientist for many years.) This leads from demonstrations, to protests to riots and finally acts of war against the ERA. This provokes a new level of retaliation in part by the ERA but the official unveiling of the Illuminati forces to the public in 2088.
...anyway, the Idea I came up with so far, its a lil long, forgive me: