Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Software for making blocky mobs and items

Started by Forkes Jun 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM 2 replies 1.6k views
Original Post
Forkes
Forkes
Hey,

I'm working on a isometric sandbox, based around adventure. I want to make some prelimarary mob, block and item designs. The graphics style is blocky and pixellated, MInecraft esque, and ideally needs to look good isometrically.

Just wondered if anyone ha any ideas for software/programs I could use for that!


Thanks!


Jon
Forkes
Forkes
Oops.... Sorry about typos, everyone.
GambitSunob
GambitSunob
I've done some voxel-ish stuff with this process : http://www.visionsofafar.com/dablog/post/2011/04/27/Voxel-Modeling.aspx
Resulting in this - https://vimeo.com/23143112

That process should give you some decent 3D models which you could then render in an isometric view.

There's also - http://code.google.com/p/sproxel/ for an alternative Voxel creator
Forkes
Forkes
Those are some nice entities you've created Thanks Sproxel looks fun, same goes for Visions of Afar.

Thanks so much!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.