Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Learning C#/XNA need some help...

Started by Game Sage Jun 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM 4 replies 1.9k views
Original Post
Game Sage
Game Sage
Current Programmer Status: Beginner - Done some work with java.... not much

Language of Choice: C#/XNA

Basicly I need some good books/recources for learning C# AND XNA Game Studio 4.0 if anyone knows of any good ones please let me know =] I have some C# books that look nice but absolutly none for XNA =[

Thanks in Advance =]
Game Sage
Game Sage
[sub]Thanks was helpfull also thanks for the reply =][/sub]
XNA-3D-101
XNA-3D-101

Current Programmer Status: Beginner - Done some work with java.... not much

Language of Choice: C#/XNA

Basicly I need some good books/recources for learning C# AND XNA Game Studio 4.0 if anyone knows of any good ones please let me know =] I have some C# books that look nice but absolutly none for XNA =[

Thanks in Advance =]


I assume you want to do 2D stuff. I haven't really seen a "bad" XNA book yet. The 4.0 ones tend to be really basic or really advanced though. The 3.0 books are better for the intermediate level, but they aren't fully compatiable with XNA 4.0.

Riemer's tutorials (and really his 3.0 books) are a must.

I've heard there's some good 2D stuff on YouTube.

If you're wanting to do 3D, I'll recommend my own site: XNA3D101.com
It's pretty new and still under construction, but there's enough there already to get a beginner started.
6677
6677

If you're wanting to do 3D, I'll recommend my own site: XNA3D101.com

Bookmarked that for future reference. Always nice to take another perspective on things.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.