Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Deferred Shading Directx Help

Started by madil90 Jun 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM 0 replies 3.2k views
Original Post
madil90
madil90
Hi,
I want to implement deferred shading using directx 9. I have quite a bit of experience in graphics but my works was mainly focused in offline rendering till now (ray tracing etc). I am new to the graphics pipeline. Can you please give me some good directx tutorials and tell me how to implement deferred shading. I will be very grateful for your help.
chowarth
chowarth
If you're not that clued up/comfortable with DirectX in general I suppose a good place to start would be a combination of:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb219837(v=vs.85).aspx & http://www.directxtutorial.com/Tutorial9/tutorials.aspx

If you're at least comfortable with using DirectX then I can suggest:
http://www.catalinzima.com/tutorials/deferred-rendering-in-xna/

I know this is specifically in XNA, but as you will find, there's not that all of a difference between XNA & DX9.
I used this as a guide when doing a deferred renderer myself although in DX10 and found it exceptionally helpful.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.