Original Post
I'm currently planning on developing a simple 3d game and I decided to start by developing my character (Don't misinterpret this with: "I jumped into this without thinking it through", because I've been planning this for about a year now).
To get to the point... the character's most noteworthy aspect (and also most troublesome) is the longcoat that he is wearing and when I animate him, I want the longcoat to react like... a longcoat. Keeping in mind that I want to keep the poly count as low as possible, how do I go about modeling my character. Should I model the person and longcoat all in one object? Or should I model the person and longcoat separatly?
If it's the latter, what is the best way to merge the two in order to get as "clean" of an animation as possible?
- cheers
To get to the point... the character's most noteworthy aspect (and also most troublesome) is the longcoat that he is wearing and when I animate him, I want the longcoat to react like... a longcoat. Keeping in mind that I want to keep the poly count as low as possible, how do I go about modeling my character. Should I model the person and longcoat all in one object? Or should I model the person and longcoat separatly?
If it's the latter, what is the best way to merge the two in order to get as "clean" of an animation as possible?
- cheers