Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
šŸ”’ Locked

d3dx10math.h not found?

Started by Burnskagen Jul 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM 4 replies 28.9k views
MJP
MJP
Are you using the older June 2010 SDK, or are you using the new version of DX that's included in the Windows 8 SDK? Because if it's the latter, there is no more D3DX.
Burnskagen
Burnskagen
What should be used instead then?
Necrolis
Necrolis

What should be used instead then?
If you want to stay on the DirectX side, use DirectXMath, its the new maths core for windows 8 (supersedes XNAMath). just read the docs carefully before hand, it has a few traps, such as alignment that may catch you out (also it doesn't support C or any compiler before VS 2012, though technically you can get it working on VS2010, which is what I do)
Dawoodoz
Dawoodoz
I just made my own math library using typedef because I want functions with return values and I have enough dependencies in my project.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.