Original Post
Hi guys,
I'm a bit of a newbie so I hope you don't mind me asking this as I saw a few threads but nothing tailored specific to my question.
The last time I touched any kind of code was in early to mid 00's (2002-2006) with MS-DOS and VB with bits of c++, but I have been successful coding small things back then with websites and still remember parts of HTML code and bits of how things work in these programs.
So 6 years later i'm only finding time now again to come back to my true love of wanting to develop games but having to start from scratch, again. How long do you thing it will take to build up this skill with loads of daily commitment and practice.
I live in a rural community so I can't exactly go down to my local college and do a course thus why i'm just teaching myself, just curious on how to allocate time and realistic goals in a time frame given my very long ago experience.
Cheers
I'm a bit of a newbie so I hope you don't mind me asking this as I saw a few threads but nothing tailored specific to my question.
The last time I touched any kind of code was in early to mid 00's (2002-2006) with MS-DOS and VB with bits of c++, but I have been successful coding small things back then with websites and still remember parts of HTML code and bits of how things work in these programs.
So 6 years later i'm only finding time now again to come back to my true love of wanting to develop games but having to start from scratch, again. How long do you thing it will take to build up this skill with loads of daily commitment and practice.
I live in a rural community so I can't exactly go down to my local college and do a course thus why i'm just teaching myself, just curious on how to allocate time and realistic goals in a time frame given my very long ago experience.
Cheers