Original Post
hi .
I have worked DirectX 9 ,10 , and lately 11. and I'm writing a game engine.(for about 2 years worked on AI , cullings, shaders,animations,BSP trees,.... and still working)
some day I readed this link :
http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2011/12/17/why-on-earth-would-we-write-our-own-game-engine/
I love Game programming.
But
When we look at Unity or UDK , they exactly do whatever we want.
so why should I write a game or game engine from scratch?
and will my DirectX knowledge be useful?
Where can I use DirectX?
please help me. I really think that I have made mistake .
I have worked DirectX 9 ,10 , and lately 11. and I'm writing a game engine.(for about 2 years worked on AI , cullings, shaders,animations,BSP trees,.... and still working)
some day I readed this link :
http://www.altdevblogaday.com/2011/12/17/why-on-earth-would-we-write-our-own-game-engine/
I love Game programming.
But
When we look at Unity or UDK , they exactly do whatever we want.
so why should I write a game or game engine from scratch?
and will my DirectX knowledge be useful?
Where can I use DirectX?
please help me. I really think that I have made mistake .