Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Alternative minecraft

Started by Kiel368 Jul 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM 0 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
Kiel368
Kiel368
Hi!
Recently I played minecraft a bit. I really loved the game, but it had many disadvantages.I immediatelly thought that voxel game is sth. for me. So, my final thought was:
YOU CAN'T CHANGE STH WRITE YOUR OWN.
I've already written voxel engine, everything works nice, but I don't want this game to be a complete clone of minecraft.
So now, question to you:
What would you change in Minecraft?
Have you got a better idea for a voxel terrain game?
And finally: Do you have any idea for name of the game?
Please write.
Thank you.

If the game succeed, I'd be greatful to everyone, who wrote an answer. :-)

P.S:I'm very interested in changing terrain materials a bit, but I want terrain to be realistic and not cloned from Minecraft.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.