Original Post
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]What are the options on how to do this (kind of collision detection)? The current algorithm detects most of the cases, but there are some tricky ones that remains.[/font]
What are the options on how to do this (kind of collision detection)? The current algorithm detects most of the cases, but there are some tricky ones that remains.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I have an application with "lots" of triangles. It is not only a problem with the camera getting inside the wall, it is a problem when getting too near the wall (passing the near frustum plane).[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I suppose I can do the test "manually". That is, search through all relevant triangles and test them. This is difficult to do efficiently, as I have problems to reduce the number of possible triangles.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Another option could be to do it in the vertex shader or fragment shader. I am not sure if it is feasible, as the camera would almost certainly be behind some wall all the time (that is, facing a negative normal).[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]One idea I have is to draw some dark grey walls behind the usual walls. A wall doesn't look good anyway, if you are very close to it.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
I suppose I can do the test "manually". That is, search through all relevant triangles and test them. This is difficult to do efficiently, as I have problems to reduce the number of possible triangles.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Another option could be to do it in the vertex shader or fragment shader. I am not sure if it is feasible, as the camera would almost certainly be behind some wall all the time (that is, facing a negative normal).[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]One idea I have is to draw some dark grey walls behind the usual walls. A wall doesn't look good anyway, if you are very close to it.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]