Original Post
Greetings,
I am a complete novice, might even call me an enthusiast with no skills to offer whatsoever. However, I always had a fascination with game and level design. Once every while I had this urge to start learning the trade, but in the end the lack of personal artistic skills and even technical skills always dampened my enthusiasm and in the end nothing was accomplished, learned or even begun.
Now it is time to bite the bullet and just hurl myself into this without any care for what I cannot do; for these things can be learned. This is how I actually ended up on this website. I was exploring the vast void that is the internet and found this little haven. After reading a few of the articles and several posts on these forums, I knew that this might be a good place to settle down as a starting point in my endeavour. Not to ask people to do the things I wish to do for me, because that would be meaningless, but to ask for pointers, directions and even tips.
Thus it is my hope that a few more experienced persons to give some pointers where to actually begin. It is easy to just grab a book and start following it. But, if you pick something that is just too difficult for your level, it will only work contraproductive, cripple your spirit and in the end put you on an exit path. This is a pitfall I wish to avoid and I hope to avoid by asking some advice to where to begin.
I thank you for your kind help and advice in advance,
Tyberthia
I am a complete novice, might even call me an enthusiast with no skills to offer whatsoever. However, I always had a fascination with game and level design. Once every while I had this urge to start learning the trade, but in the end the lack of personal artistic skills and even technical skills always dampened my enthusiasm and in the end nothing was accomplished, learned or even begun.
Now it is time to bite the bullet and just hurl myself into this without any care for what I cannot do; for these things can be learned. This is how I actually ended up on this website. I was exploring the vast void that is the internet and found this little haven. After reading a few of the articles and several posts on these forums, I knew that this might be a good place to settle down as a starting point in my endeavour. Not to ask people to do the things I wish to do for me, because that would be meaningless, but to ask for pointers, directions and even tips.
Thus it is my hope that a few more experienced persons to give some pointers where to actually begin. It is easy to just grab a book and start following it. But, if you pick something that is just too difficult for your level, it will only work contraproductive, cripple your spirit and in the end put you on an exit path. This is a pitfall I wish to avoid and I hope to avoid by asking some advice to where to begin.
I thank you for your kind help and advice in advance,
Tyberthia