Original Post
Hi,
I've got hardware instancing working in Direct3D 9 with around 500 NPCs moving around, however, I've noticed that when zoomed out there is a sort of shimmering effect as if they're being drawn. Does anyone know the reason why this would be happening?
I am locking and unlocking the (dynamic) vertex buffer that contains the transformation matrices of each instance every frame with the NO_OVERWRITE flag if that makes a difference.
Any help would be much appreciated!
~Ray
I've got hardware instancing working in Direct3D 9 with around 500 NPCs moving around, however, I've noticed that when zoomed out there is a sort of shimmering effect as if they're being drawn. Does anyone know the reason why this would be happening?
I am locking and unlocking the (dynamic) vertex buffer that contains the transformation matrices of each instance every frame with the NO_OVERWRITE flag if that makes a difference.
Any help would be much appreciated!
~Ray