Original Post
Hello,
I have a question regarding character customization, my question is not related to the progamming itself. I can figure that out.
But I am wondering if there is someone here with experience in character customization. And if he/she can explain me how this is usually achieved.
We are currently starting with a project, and our clients asked if it was possible to add character customization to the game.
I have made a customization screen (drag and drop clothes and change skin color etc.) in the past and this is not the problem. But I never made this work in a game (Where you can run around and do stuff with your customized character).
My main question is: What is the best way to make the customized character work in a 2D game (If you know 3D I am also interested, but this project will be a 2D game). Making a different character with all its animations for every possible combination does not seem like a solution to me. How is this usually achieved?
Feel free to ask me any questions if you do not understand something, and many thanks in advance for any usable information!
I have a question regarding character customization, my question is not related to the progamming itself. I can figure that out.
But I am wondering if there is someone here with experience in character customization. And if he/she can explain me how this is usually achieved.
We are currently starting with a project, and our clients asked if it was possible to add character customization to the game.
I have made a customization screen (drag and drop clothes and change skin color etc.) in the past and this is not the problem. But I never made this work in a game (Where you can run around and do stuff with your customized character).
My main question is: What is the best way to make the customized character work in a 2D game (If you know 3D I am also interested, but this project will be a 2D game). Making a different character with all its animations for every possible combination does not seem like a solution to me. How is this usually achieved?
Feel free to ask me any questions if you do not understand something, and many thanks in advance for any usable information!