Original Post
Hello guys, I just wanted to know how can I start developing games. Easy question, hard answer.
I already program in C, I've also tried the Allegro library but... I want to know how a game is developed. What's its structure, how should I create it, what tools should I use and so on. I would like to use professional-like tools (C++, OpenGL [open-source!]... etc) and maybe you can help me.
How can I understand C++ (coming from C, so I don't need the "ok, this thing is called variable" chapter) and OOP? What should I do next? Which books can help me in my project?
So to sum it up: what's the game structure? How can I make it work? How can I do it?
Suggest me books to buy and so on. Thank you guys!
PS: (this is quite OT but...) I'm not a native english speaker so I'd like some correction and some "grade" with my english. Thanks! (help me improve!)
I already program in C, I've also tried the Allegro library but... I want to know how a game is developed. What's its structure, how should I create it, what tools should I use and so on. I would like to use professional-like tools (C++, OpenGL [open-source!]... etc) and maybe you can help me.
How can I understand C++ (coming from C, so I don't need the "ok, this thing is called variable" chapter) and OOP? What should I do next? Which books can help me in my project?
So to sum it up: what's the game structure? How can I make it work? How can I do it?
Suggest me books to buy and so on. Thank you guys!
PS: (this is quite OT but...) I'm not a native english speaker so I'd like some correction and some "grade" with my english. Thanks! (help me improve!)