Original Post
Hello everyone,
An artist I am currently working with is having some trouble creating sprite sheets from .swf animations that she's recieving from another company. She is managing but I would like to help improve her work flow and create a tool. However, I am not familiar with .swf files and how to load them. I was hoping to find something I could use for a C# WinForm application. I did some research earlier and found "AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll" and "Interop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll". But I don't think I have the correct dll versions, it's always breaking on me, returning FileNotFoundException when I try using them.
The idea of the tool is to load in a .swf from a local file that I feed it from a dialog. Parse the information within the animation and start populating the new sprite sheet with the frames. After that animation is loaded and on the sheet the user can load another local .swf file. Once the sprite sheet is complete, then the user can save out the .png(or whatever format necessary) and at the same time create a .json file of all the animation data held within that sprite sheet for easy loading in the game engine. There are several tools that accomplish creating a spritesheet from .swf, but I have yet to come across a tool that does this for multiple animations/characters. The tools I've run into only create a sprite sheet for a single animation/character.
Overall, I just need to figure out how to load these .swf files so that I may get each frame's data.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
An artist I am currently working with is having some trouble creating sprite sheets from .swf animations that she's recieving from another company. She is managing but I would like to help improve her work flow and create a tool. However, I am not familiar with .swf files and how to load them. I was hoping to find something I could use for a C# WinForm application. I did some research earlier and found "AxInterop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll" and "Interop.ShockwaveFlashObjects.dll". But I don't think I have the correct dll versions, it's always breaking on me, returning FileNotFoundException when I try using them.
The idea of the tool is to load in a .swf from a local file that I feed it from a dialog. Parse the information within the animation and start populating the new sprite sheet with the frames. After that animation is loaded and on the sheet the user can load another local .swf file. Once the sprite sheet is complete, then the user can save out the .png(or whatever format necessary) and at the same time create a .json file of all the animation data held within that sprite sheet for easy loading in the game engine. There are several tools that accomplish creating a spritesheet from .swf, but I have yet to come across a tool that does this for multiple animations/characters. The tools I've run into only create a sprite sheet for a single animation/character.
Overall, I just need to figure out how to load these .swf files so that I may get each frame's data.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.