Original Post
Hi all,
I am currently starting to use OpenGL to write a game of Android. At this time, my scene contained just cube and basic figures so I never try to look at how to render complex things in my world. But now, I have to animate a full person in my world and make it running ! So, for that purpose, I would need to know how to render a model. Because the game is targetted for a mobile platform and I think this might consume a lot of resources, I am looking for efficient solution that might not consume too much resources.
So, I would like to know how to load and animate such a model, do we need to load something from an external program or is it better to do everything programmaticaly ? If we need to build and load a model, is there some tutorial and/or libraries to see how to do/proceed and what are the most efficient way to proceed ? And if I need to build my own animated model, do you have a suggestion about the tool to use ? (possibly for Linux since I am using this platform as my development platform).
Thanks for any help about this,
Best,
I am currently starting to use OpenGL to write a game of Android. At this time, my scene contained just cube and basic figures so I never try to look at how to render complex things in my world. But now, I have to animate a full person in my world and make it running ! So, for that purpose, I would need to know how to render a model. Because the game is targetted for a mobile platform and I think this might consume a lot of resources, I am looking for efficient solution that might not consume too much resources.
So, I would like to know how to load and animate such a model, do we need to load something from an external program or is it better to do everything programmaticaly ? If we need to build and load a model, is there some tutorial and/or libraries to see how to do/proceed and what are the most efficient way to proceed ? And if I need to build my own animated model, do you have a suggestion about the tool to use ? (possibly for Linux since I am using this platform as my development platform).
Thanks for any help about this,
Best,