Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

PhysX basic understanding

Started by pressgreen Jul 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM 0 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
pressgreen
pressgreen
So i have been reading up on how to use this SDK and i would like to ask a simple question just to kind of concertize what I know.

This SDK simply does physics calculations for a scene and then it hands me a set of updated positions for each actor in the scene as it updates as the simulation is running. so i simply use this updated coordinates in place of those coordinates that i would normally use to move objects in the scene manually with out PhysX?
J-GREEN

Greenpanoply
Fredericvo
Fredericvo
I'm still a total noob on this topic but from what I read so far, yes, this seems to be how it works.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.