Original Post
Hi all, I'm making a game where the character levels up and stats need to be increased. Now its a bit dull if every level got +1 for each stat so what I want is an exponential curve. The thing is I keep finding millions of things about making it start slow and get faster but can find sod all on the opposite, as in many rpg's you gain pace quite quickly and then at higher levels ease off. Now I'm not really an expert on this side of maths and have heard many terms such as negative exponential curve, logarithm etc.
What I want is to take a min and max value and curve between them over 100 levels. Say at level 1 I want attack to be 1 and at level 100 I want it to be 1000, but at level 50 I don't want it to be 500, rather more like 600. I'm sure you understand.
I've been trying formulas in wolfram alpha but not really getting anywhere. Could some one help me out.
Any help much appreciated.
What I want is to take a min and max value and curve between them over 100 levels. Say at level 1 I want attack to be 1 and at level 100 I want it to be 1000, but at level 50 I don't want it to be 500, rather more like 600. I'm sure you understand.
I've been trying formulas in wolfram alpha but not really getting anywhere. Could some one help me out.
Any help much appreciated.